Norm MacDonald recently described his experience at SNL40, revealing that Eddie Murphy rejected an offer to play Bill Cosby in the ‘Celebrity Jeopardy’ sketch. He was quick to defend Murphy saying he’s “the coolest, a rockstar even in a room with actual rockstars.” It got us thinking about all the times Norm spoke his mind. He’s honest, you gotta give him that. Here are 6 times he gave zero fucks.
6. Norm On ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’: Norm won a bunch of money, all while chewing a huge wad of gum.
5. Norm calls out Carrot Top on ‘Conan’: Back in 1998, Courtney Thorne-Smith went on ‘Conan’ to promote her new movie, ‘Chairman Of The Board’ also starring Carrot Top. Norm had his own thoughts on the movie: “I bet board is spelled b-o-r-e-d.”
4. Norm Roasting Bob Saget: It’s ok to bomb, when you’re Norm MacDonald (skip to 50:08):
3. Norm’s uncomfortable joke on Weekend Update: Just watch.
2. Norm on ‘Star Search’: Early in his career, Norm appeared on ‘Star Search’ (in a giant suit). The clip is from 1990, but the sarcasm in his bits is timeless.
1. Norm on ‘The Daily Show’: Two days before Norm’s interview in 2006, Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray. Norm to say the least, was not surprised.